Solid Works - Design Engineer
in Dubai - United Arab Emirates
5 - 7 yrs.
| Opening: 1
Nationality: Any Nationality
Industry Type:Automotive / Automobile / Auto Accessories
Other Benefits:Visa, Medical Insurance, Annual Leaves As Per Labour Law, Accomodation, Transportation
Functional Area:Shop Drawing / Drafting / Draughtsman
Excellent Opportunity with NAFFCO Vehicles Division for Design engineer with experience into Solid Works.
To be succesfull in this role you must have atleast 5 years experience as Solid Works Design engineer.
Key Role & Responsibilities :
- To attend job kick off meetings and receive engineering job file from operations coordinator/ engineer.
- To review and understand the job requirements (reviewing of both Engineering and Sales files in order to establish the correct input data).
- Discuss the job, design input and output requirements and relationship, concept and long lead material requirements, etc. with Senior Design Engineer.
- To finalize the preliminary general drawings and load calculations and review with Senior Design Engineer.
- To prepare BOQ’S, drawings, calculations, and other project related documents.
- To communicate with the departments involved in the process, to identify and search for the optimum solution in any related problems that may occur (design, materials, or production)
- To preapprove Purchase request for materials as instructed by Senior Design Engineer and to be part of the materials checking process when received if required by the Quality Inspector.
- To attend Inspection and Testing of products on level 2 and 3 projects.
- To provide technical assistance in discussions with customers and suppliers as required by Senior Design Engineer.
- Carry out review of completed jobs and report to Senior Design Engineer.
- Incorporate changes and as built drawings for closed jobs in the CAD System.
- Attend Engineering, Design Review and Production meetings as required.
- Technical assistance to Sales/Estimation departments as assigned by Senior Design Engineer.
- Assistance for Operations department for as built/construction specifications.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Graduate in Mechanical Engineering
- Must have relevant experience in Solid Works.